The purpose of PTC is to provide an avenue for parents to be more involved in the school. PTC's involvement is twofold: first, to foster an environment for parents to work and socialize together with a common goal - improvement of the school and secondly, to provide fundraising opportunities for the school in order to help keep tuition affordable for all.
There are three requirements for all PTC Members:
1) $20 dues paid at registration.
2) 20 hours of service credit.
3) Participation in Annual Raffle (either purchase or sell $100 in raffle tickets or donate $100)
Service credits can be earned in several ways:
1) One hour service credit is given for one hour of time volunteering at PTC events
2) One hour service credit is given for $20 of food or drink donation for PTC events (max of 5 credits per event)
3) One hour service credit can be purchased for $20
4) One hour service credit for attendance at PTC meeting
5) One hour service credit per $20 value for donation of items for Casino Night Auction
6) Special services rendered to PTC sponsored events can earn credits that will be determined on an individual basis.
Parent involvement with their child's class and field trips are encouraged, but cannot count toward PTC credits.
Sign-up sheets for PTC sponsored events will be emailed from RenWeb.
Family service credits will be recorded through RenWeb and will be updated monthly. Please be aware, if 20 service hours are not earned by May, your account will be billed $20 per unearned credit hour.
Your yearly school tuition cost per student covers approximately 80% of educating a child at St. James School. Tuition is offset by generous donations from several sources including St. James Catholic Church, Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, the PTC and other community supporters.
We are proud of the education our children receive here at St. James Catholic School and hope that you will be an active parent - both with your child and with the school.