St. James Catholic School is a parochial school established by and for the goals and values of the Catholic Church and St. James Parish. We serve students from 18 months through eighth grade. While we accept students of all faiths, because of our religious goals and the character of our school, we accept new students from St. James and Our Lady of Guadalupe Parishes first and Catholic students from parishes without schools next. For the remaining openings, we may accept non-Catholic students whose parents share and support our mission and philosophy here at St. James.
To Apply for Admission:
1. Please bring a copy of the child's birth certificate.
Students must be the correct age or older by September 1 of the year entering for grades PreK 3 through Grade 2. All students in PreK 3 and above must be totally toilet trained. For the PreK 2 program, students must be at least 18 months by the date of their entrance to St. James Catholic School.
2. Bring a copy of child's baptismal certificate, if applicable.
3. Copy of child's First Eucharist certificate or date and place received, if applicable.
4. Copy of child's most recent report card, if applicable.
5. Copy of child's current immunization record. Immunizations must be up to date before admission.
6. Complete the application for admission forms.
7. Schedule time for child's placement screening, if applicable.
8. All new students need to have recent physical examination form signed by his/her doctor.
9. Once accepted, families need to enroll in FACTS to set up payment for tuition and any applicable incidentals (lunch, after school care, field trips, etc.).
Admission to St. James Catholic School or participation in school programs is not denied students on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin. Admission shall not be denied because of any disabling condition unless it is clear that the staff, due to inadequate professional training and/or the school's program, will not be able to meet the student's needs.